As with most cases in life, accidents do happen. Through no fault of your own, you may face a day when a tooth needs to be removed. Although tooth extractions can be a difficult time mentally, with the proper care, you can recover quickly and take steps necessary to replace the tooth. The first thing you should do when you realize you are going to need a tooth extraction is to plan in advance:
– Follow your dentist’s instructions exactly as required, and don’t rush any steps.
– If you are a smoker, quit or at least give it up for 48 hours before and after the extraction.
– If you are under the effects of anesthesia, avoid eating any foods. Swallowing foods can be difficult and pose serious choking hazards.
– Inflammation may occur. You can use ice packs or medications that have been prescribed to you by your dentist.
– Always make a list of treatment methods to employ before and after the extraction. Speak with your dentist at Dr Thomas E. WOLD Dentistry on what you can do to prepare.
– Rest up, as you need to save all your energy for your body to use to repair your mouth. This includes avoiding the gym and running.
If you are ready for a tooth extraction, please call us so we can get you in to see Dr. Thomas E. Wold and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in Bend, Oregon, and we can be reached at 541.389.1301. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!