Are you tired of feeling the need to hide when it comes to your bad breath? If so, we have exciting news for you! Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can be treated and reversed with proper care. That is why our team of caring professionals at Dr Thomas E. WOLD Dentistry in Bend, Oregon, is happy to talk to you about how to treat your halitosis problem.
The first question when it comes to consistently bad breath is how do you conquer it? There are several ways to treat bad breath, which include:
– Brush twice a day and floss your teeth daily. Having a proper oral health routine is secret to having positive oral health.
– Quit smoking. If you rid yourself from this toxic habit, not only will you have cleaner breath, but your overall health and quality of life will become better.
– Visit your dentist repeatedly. By keeping your semi-annual appointment with your dentist, Dr. Thomas E. Wold, you could be reducing tartar, cavities, plaque buildup, and other oral health care concerns.
– Use mouthwash daily. Did you know, mouthwash can kill bacteria in your mouth that is causing the bad breath problems? Well, it’s true!
– Keep your saliva flowing. If you chew any sugarless gum or consume foods like apples that require a lot of chewing, you are flushing bad bacteria from your mouth and could help rid your mouth of bad breath.
– Clean your tongue. Your tongue can hold bacteria that will cause your bad breath and other oral health problems.
Any of these treatments could help with your bad breath. Being able to restore your oral health and good breath is important for your personal life and professional life. If you feel it’s time for a professional check-up, or still have questions about your halitosis, please call us today at 541.389.1301 to set up an appointment. Our friendly staff stands ready to help you in any way we can.